As Category Manager for International Buying, you will be playing a strategically important role in delivering our company vision of helping our customers enjoy amazing technology.
The Category Manager will develop relationships with key suppliers and seek opportunity to leverage our scale across all of our markets to deliver benefit to Dixons Carphone.
- Establish credible relationships with suppliers to secure incremental terms in order to deliver budgeted trading account funds.
- Manage Group relationships within the Computing category with the likes of Intel, HP, Lenovo and Acer
- Track intake and sales performance across the IBT agreements to ensure targets are met
- Be aware of market activity and differing dynamics across the countries
- Work with country DC contacts to identify opportunities for growth, support best practise sharing across the Group and support escalations where required.
- Visit markets to meet with suppliers and colleagues with Kotsovolos and Elkjop.
- Run the agenda for relevant Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s).
- Identify new opportunities for Group contracts through supplier interaction and attendance at relevant trade shows.
- Produce Executive briefing notes for senior meetings
- Contribute to projects within the Commercial team and the wider Dixons Retail Group
You will have:
- Good numerical and analytical skills to be capable of monitoring any changes and reacting accordingly.
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills to enable successful negotiations with suppliers
- Precise judgment and strong decision-making skills to enable the right actions for the category
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.