Postcode: CV9 2SQ
Address: Holly Lane
Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business.
And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. As a Category Insights Assistant you will monitor and maintain sales figures whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management and the buying teams to deliver competitive advantage.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
The Category team is responsible for the management, interpretation and dissemination of data throughout the business to enable informed strategic decisions in relation to our products.
The role will evaluate internal and external data sources to ensure that we understand what our customers want and to assist the development of category activity to meet and exceed these needs.
You will monitor and maintain sales figures whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management and the buying teams to deliver competitive advantage.
• Drive, support and provide strategy related to business performance
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with external parties and service providers when required
• Ensures all projects within the area of responsibility are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Manager
• Actively manages the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency
• Documents existing business processes and proposes new processes where required
• Ensures adherence to all legal requirements, Health and Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility
• Assists the Category Department with testing of new procedures and systems
• Contributes positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department
You’ll actively manage your area of responsibility, driving innovation and change, as well as managing all due diligence and other related issues.
• Educated to minimum A Level (or equivalent)
• Category management experience
• Skilled in data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance
• Experience of preparation of senior level reports
• Demonstrable understanding and experience of the role of market data within a retail setting
• High level of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills
• Excel and PowerPoint super-user
• Comfortable dealing with complex data and multiple tasks
• Able to deliver solutions autonomously with high levels of initiative and proactivity