c£40,000 per annum
Based near High Wycombe
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Master Carpenter with one of our clients who specialises in preservation and restoration of old/listed buildings, including mansions, cottages, schools and churches. Our client is looking for a Master Carpenter to work in a small team in the restoration of old buildings.
Are there any benefits?
- Working within a small passionate team
- Job satisfaction
- Tastefully restoring listed buildings
- A role that feels more like a hobby
- Good pension plan
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Making traditional timber framed structures
- Sensitive repairs to historic joinery
- Sliding sash windows repairs
- Church pew restoration
- Using lime mortars
- Making cut and rubbed brickwork
- Work on tracery windows to figure carving
- Natural reinforcing hairs and riven lath.
I like it, tell me more!
Ideally you would be an experienced Master Carpenter with timber and/or stone-masonry skills but also versatile in other areas of restoration such as Bricklaying, Joinery, Plastering/wet stone and traditional techniques, possess a wise & calm disposition, thrives in a small team and be passionate about your craft.
As a general rule most work will be Monday to Friday 7-3/4pm but hours may occasionally differ on some projects.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Master Carpenter role, you will need the following experience:
- Full driving licence
- CSCS card
- Highly skilled in a relevant trade
- Flexibility/Multi skilled
- Good communication
- Attention to detail
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Master Carpenter role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192
Craftsman Carpenter stone mason plasterer
Source : Simpson Dean