We’re one of the largest family-owned construction, infrastructure and support services businesses in the UK. Want to join us?
We’re looking for an experienced and reliable Caretaker to join our talented team at Tameside D&B Schools. We aim to deliver the highest quality services and cusotomer care for our clients – so you’ll need to share our enthusiasm for standards and best practice, and exceeding expectations too.
What you’ll do:
- Carrying out the various policies and procedures associated with the operation of the facility, specifically those relating to security and access, maintenance and repair and health and safety. This will include the security of the premise and its contents, lighting, heating of premises, handy-person duties, other duties arising from the use of the premises and assisting in securing the safety of pupils whilst in the school environs.
- Undertaking the day to day operation and arrange for appropriate maintenance of plant and associated equipment. To report any faults to the line manager in accordance with agreed procedures. This will include lighting, heating of premises including maintenance and operation of plant and other duties arising from the use of the premises, assisting the relevant section of RFM concerned with maintaining the premises, undertaking initial checks or inspections and the various administrative procedures relating to maintenance activities, energy conservation and anti-vandalism measures.
- Taking delivery and arrange for the storage of materials, stores and other goods
- Carrying out porterage duties as required. This will include the setting out of furniture and portable sports equipment as well as distribution of supplies related to both facilities management and school curriculum.
- Undertaking emergency cleaning and reactive repair duties as required during hours of occupation
- Carry out PPM's and minor reactive repairs ensuring they are completed within there SLA's.
- Carry out reactive Covid cleaning duties following Safe Systems of work.
- Carrying out minor or temporary repairs and maintenance tasks with the competence of the operator or report as necessary in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Ensuring the delivery of services in accordance with customer service standards, policies and procedures-requirements.
- Monitoring and maintain limited delegated budgets including accounting for expenditure and the handling and processing of cash, cheques and financial data
What you’ll need:
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues and the need for safe methods of working
- Awareness of COSHH regulations
- The successful candidate will require a full Enhanced Disclosure Check
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on initiative.
- Have a flexible approach to work and be available for working shifts between 6am -10pm
Who we’re looking for:
People are at the heart of everything we do and achieve at Robertson. To fit right into the team you’ll need to be friendly, professional and care about the job you do; listen to customers and work with your colleagues to support them as a team; follow procedures that keep you and those around you safe, and report any issues; share our pride in making a real difference.
We also look after our people just as much as we look after our clients. On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards depending on your role and where you’re based.
Robertson Safeguarding Accountabilities
Knowledge: A knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups.
Communication Skills: The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children, young people and vulnerable groups.
Skills: The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualities and behaviours required to support the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable groups.
Robertson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Company: Facilities Management
Robertson Facilities Management provides hard and soft FM services, grounds maintenance and energy services for single and multi-site locations throughout the UK. We work across sectors including commercial, residential, education and healthcare, assuring our customers of high-quality, best value and a sustainable approach.
Location: Tameside D&B schools
Closing Date: 30th November 2020
The working hours for this role are 38.75 hrs per week.
Full Job Description available on requests.