Job Title: Mobile Cleaning and Gardening Caretaker
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Group specialises in the ongoing management of large residential developments, including the effective administration of +£20m of client service charge budgets. Based in Cambridge and with offices in London, Sandhurst and Nottingham, they work across East Anglia, London, the Home Counties, the South and East Midlands, and has plans for further growth.
The Group also consists of separate Facilities Management and Legal businesses, employing over 200 people. They pride themselves on a commitment to excellence and customer service.
The overall purpose of this job is to effectively carry out duties under the instruction of the Facilities Management team on the communal areas of various residential estates, which will allow the sites to remain in a good state of repair throughout.
A full driving licence is essential for this role.
- Grass cutting and edging
- Regular weeding of beds (which will include weed killing)
- Seasonal pruning and dead heading (under instruction if necessary)
- Litter pick site and keep bin stores clean and tidy
- Check and clean communal lights
- Replace communal light bulbs
- Carry out routine emergency light and alarm tests (after training)
- Vacuuming and cleaning of communal areas including polishing/dusting of woodwork and balustrades
- Clean windows and glass where necessary
- Clean door furniture and kick plates
- Check and remove cobwebs on a regular basis
- Pressure wash paths and decking when required
- Report to Facilities Supervisor and Estate Manager faults and additional works required to maintain a good state of repair
- Experience in cleaning, gardening and minor maintenance
- Good standard of education
- Full 'clean' driving licence
- Be competent in the use of a smart phone
- Be legally able to work in the UK
- Be of a practical nature with a background in either gardening or maintenance field, such as plumbing, fencing, small works, building or other suitable trade
- Be fit and able to carry out the duties required
- Be able to work between Monday and Friday, but to be flexible to work additional hours if necessary
- Have good social skills as they will be dealing with residents on a daily basis
- Need to be polite and friendly, but be aware that any problems should be directed to the Estate Manager
- Be punctual and be able to follow a routine, as work rotas are in place to enable them to carry out their duties in a timely fashion
- Be able to complete standard forms to record events on a regular basis (such as lighting/alarm tests and health & safety documentation)
- Have a positive "can do" attitude to solving problems
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Maintenance, Facilities operator, Facilities Manager, Janitor, General Handy person, Handyman, Handywoman, Commercial Maintenance, Domestic Maintenance, Maintenance Operative, Joiner, Joinery, Installer, Multi Skilled Joiner, Multi Trade Joiner, Tradesmen, Painter and Decorator, Carpenter, Tiling, Tiller, Plastering, Plasterer, Electrician, Electrics, Plumber, Plumbing, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Co-ordinator may also be considered for this role.
18,000.00 - 18,000.00 per year