Careers IAG Adviser (18-24 year olds Youth Hub)
2 x posts
Grade 6, £23,116 - £28,174
37 hours x 52 weeks
Tempoary Post until 31.07.21 (with the possibility of extension if the project is extended)
Open to internal and external applicants
The Sheffield College
Careers IAG Advisers are required to develop and deliver a new high quality Youth Hub CEIAG programme in partnership with Jobcentre Plus, supporting DWP Universal Credit 18-24 year old customers. These dedicated roles will work with DWP Work Coaches and the College Careers Team to deliver a highly effective and independent careers guidance service. Applicants will be qualified and experienced in careers work having achieved a Level 6 careers qualification. These posts will responsible to the Head of Student Participation and Careers.
The role includes the core elements of careers guidance, to be delivered in person and remotely, and the development of personalised action plans for young people to support them into a positive destination.
In addition other responsibilities include:
- Working with Youth Offer Work Coaches to ensure the best outcome for the customer
- Making referrals to DWP opportunities, mentoring circles, sector based work academies (SBWA) and other employability and career management skills development opportunities
- Liaising with the College Route to Employment Team for referrals to Employability, ESOL, Apprenticeships and other College courses, and to report back on activity to DWP
- Managing an individual caseload and contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of this programme
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata)
- Auto enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
Interview Date: 13th November 2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to ‘transform your life through learning’.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
Please click the box above to view the job description, person specification and notes of guidance. If you are accessing this advert on your mobile device, the box will be replaced by a button.