We are urgently recruiting carers/support workers to work in the Birmingham, Sandwell and Walsall areas.
If you have a passion for care and are looking to care for people from different backgrounds and disabilities then this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• To demonstrate skill and imagination in helping service users deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour or physical health.
• To encourage and support each service user to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care.
• To use initiative and imagination in helping service users succeed at familiar tasks.
Skills & Experience of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
It is an advantage if you have some experience of working with elderly people, and people with physical health problems and/or learning disabilities/Autism. You need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to carry out instructions, maintain confidentiality and accurately record basic physical observations.
Qualifications of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/Support Worker:
NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health and Social care is desired, however full training is providedon the job.
Key attributes of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• Good Communicators
• Genuine care for others
• Good time keepers
• Perform well under pressure
• Ability to understand what the role entails
• Ability to follow instructions
• Hold a current driving license and have their own transport (Not essential)
Client groups you will be working with:
• Stroke victims
• Learning disabilities
• Brian injury
Part time, fulltime, evenings, weekends, and bank work available.
If you wish to apply please ring our office 0121 523 6611 to speak to our recruitment team. We will require your CV and a completed job application form.
We look forward to hearin from you.