We are urgently recruiting carers/support workers to work in the Birmingham, Sandwell and Walsall areas.
If you have a passion for care and are looking to care for people from different backgrounds and disabilities then this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• To demonstrate skill and imagination in helping service users deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour or physical health.
• To encourage and support each service user to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include personal care.
• To use initiative and imagination in helping service users succeed at familiar tasks.
Skills & Experience of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
It is an advantage if you have some experience of working with elderly people, and people with physical health problems and/or learning disabilities/Autism. You need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to carry out instructions, maintain confidentiality and accurately record basic physical observations.
Qualifications of a Care Worker/Care Assistant/Support Worker:
NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health and Social care is desired, however full training is provided.
Key attributes of a Care Worker/ Care Assistant/ Support Worker:
• Good Communicators
• Genuine care for others
• Good time keepers
• Perform well under pressure
• Ability to understand what the role entails
• Ability to follow instructions
• Hold a current driving license and have their own transport (Not essential)
Client groups you will be working with:
• Stroke victims
• Learning disabilities
• Brian injury
Part-time, full-time, evenings, weekends, and bank work available.
If you wish to apply please ring our office 0121 523 6611 to speak to our recruitment team. We will require your CV and a completed job application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.