Care Support Worker - Our Client supports people living with autism, mental health conditions and learning difficulties along the road to greater independence. Due to expansion we are now looking for Care Support Workers to join the team based in Costessey on a permanent basis, with both full, part-time hours available as well as sleep shifts. For the roles of Care Support Worker, offering an hourly rate up to £8.20 plus benefits of additional hours, sleep in nights and bonuses based on CQC inspection reports.
As a Care Support Worker in one of their homes you are required to provide support in ensuring the promotion and provision of the highest standard of care is always delivered, to maximise their life potential in a way that respects their privacy and dignity, whilst promoting independence and ensuring recognition of equality and diversity.
As a Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting residents where support is required, following support plans, risk assessments and actively reviewing progress using the outcome star model
- Supporting residents to participate in educational sessions, physical activities, group activities and activities of daily living
- Documenting and evidencing care by completing daily progress notes and being involved in discussing how best to support a residents needs in the least restrictive way
- Taking responsibility for key working with specific residents and leading on their care with the support of specialist group managers
- Promoting the health and well-being of residents in terms of both physical health and mental health
- General day-to-day upkeep of the house
- Assisting residents with meal preparations, personal care and other essential living skills to promote development and progression towards independence
You don't specifically have to be a qualified Care Support Worker to apply for this role, an NVQ would be beneficial but is not essential as they can provide support through completing the care certification as part of the induction programme. It would be beneficial for candidates to have function skills in English and Maths to GCSE level D, however again this is not completely essential. But you should have a genuine interest in supporting people with Autism, mental health conditions and learning difficulties.
Candidates must also have good communication, listening, observational and writing skills as well as a high level of personal integrity and maintain a clean and tidy appearance.
In return can provide a full and robust induction and the successful applicant will be enrolled onto their e-learning to gain in-depth knowledge about how they work and the different difficulties/ diagnoses our residents live with. Offering regular training opportunities and a salary of up to £8.20 per hour for candidates with the desired qualifications and experience.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: support worker, carer, social worker, care assistant
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative em
salary depending on experience