Are you a Dynamic, ambitious Home Manager looking to make the next step?
Shaw healthcare is recruiting for a proven Home Manager for our 60 bedded home Croft Meadow in Steyning, West Sussex.
Working with the local community, GP’s and professionals to deliver a care offer that truly enables residents to continue to lead as full a life as possible. Our high quality nursing and care support places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of Wellness, Happiness and Kindness.
- To utilise authentic leadership, role modelling and inspirational skills to motivate the team to deliver excellent quality of care
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the Service with 24 hour responsibility for the care of the Service Users.
- To manage the effective use of resources, including the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for Service Users.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times and in particular the CQC for the Registration and Inspection of Nursing Homes and NMC guidelines.
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that employee selection processes are applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally and that successful candidates are ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement, using the framework of clinical governance
- To manage effectively the Service’s budgets and deliver the Key Performance Indicators set for the Service.
- To ensure that the Service complies with all statutory obligations and relevant legislation (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To enable Service Users to control their own financial affairs, where possible, and finances monitored with up to date accurate records kept of all transactions. In the case of the Manager being the appointee for any Service User, the financial control of their affairs must be undertaken
- To ensure that the culture of meaningful activities is embedded in the Service and facilitated by the entire team
- Qualified Nurse or QCF level 5 Registered Managers award
- Caring and Compassionate
- Experience of Managing a service of a similar size and client group
- Lead and Develop your team to delivery high quality care
- 30 days annual leave
- Company Maternity Pay (after a qualifying period)
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Individual Training Voucher allowance of £350 for your PDP
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Regional Nurse Forums and online Groups
- Support with NMC Revalidation
- Individualised professional development programmes
- Refer a Friend Scheme of up to £1,000
- Retail/Leisure/Holiday and travel discounts
- Paid DBS check