At Helping Hands, we genuinely believe that care is one of the most amazing things you can provide for someone. Care is making sure their tea is made just as they like it. Care is taking the time to sit and listen. Care is going the extra mile. Care is providing people with peace, comfort and happiness in their own home.
The customers our carers visit every day have a wide range of care needs, personalities and lifestyles. We’re looking for carers who are empathetic, understanding and compassionate, to provide the award-winning care we pride ourselves on to enrich customer lives every day.
You might be a care assistant already, may have cared for a family member or friend previously, or just want the opportunity to make a real difference. Our 30 years of experience as the leading care provider has shown us that previous experience simply isn’t necessary to become a fantastic carer. We’ll give you all the tools and training you require to excel at what you do.
The role of a Care Assistant at Helping Hands is varied and largely depends on the customer you’ll be working with. Everything we do is designed to help our customers live happy, independent lives. In doing so, you’ll be:
- Providing personal care duties
- Administering medication
- Manual handling, using equipment where required
- Promoting customer health and wellbeing, enabling them to live their life to the full
- Flexibly work a range of shift patterns including alternate weekends
- A large part of their daily lives
Currently, our branch is looking for carers who work mornings, evenings or weekends.
Helping Hands has a straightforward ethos for its employees; You care for our customers. We care for you.
With this in mind, here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive right from the word go with us:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, providing support and guidance whenever you need it most
- Thousands of discounts through our Employee Benefits portal; including supermarkets, retailers and many more
- Flexible working
- An excellent rate of pay from £10.50 per hour
- Guaranteed hours available after your probation period is completed
- Being directly employed with us
- Mileage allowance
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme
- Dedicated support from your branch management team
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
To take advantage of all the benefits of working for the biggest domiciliary care provider in the UK, all we ask is that you have:
- The same passion for care as we do
- The right to work in the UK
- A valid driving license and access to your own car
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
PS - did you know that we’re the only care company recognised in the UK’s Best Places to Work awards, two years in a row?
There’s just one question left to ask; are you ready to come and join us?