Job Title: Care Assistant
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: Circa £8.25 per hour (£15,000 pa) dependant on qualifications
Closing Date: 31st January 2019
The Trust (a well-established charitable care provider in Olton, Solihull) currently has vacancies for Care Assistants at Alexandra House, their residential care home.
As a Care Assistant you will put the residents' care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. They promote independence, dignity and quality of life always in a person centred, caring and supportive environment.
You will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care whilst at all times ensuring dignity and respect are maintained for those that use the care service.
Their strength lies in the quality of their care and in turn the people they employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you:
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Some experience in long term care, assisted living or home care but this is not essential
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates
What they offer:
Well trained, well rewarded staff provide a better level of care. You will receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the Trust.
They continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays, increasing with service
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant will also be considered for this role
£8.25 - £8.25 per hour