Job Title: Care Assistant
Company Name: Mihomecare
Available shift times: 7am – 3pm & 3pm – 10pm
Location: Neath Port Talbot, Port Talbot, Cimla, Bagland, Sandfields, Margam
Type of Provider: Community Care (Domiciliary)
Supporting individuals with: Dementia , Older Adults , End Of Life , Mental Health , Physical Disability , Sensory Impairment.
Salary:£9.45Per Hour - Bank holiday rate £10.89
Hours of Work: Part time/Full time available
Driving Required: Yes
Vacancy Type: Permanent
About the company...
MiHomecare is a company that has been providing quality home care services since 1996 and has gone from strength to strength ever since. At MiHomecare, we provide a wide range of homecare services to people who need help and support. We work with people of all ages and can help with everything from complex conditions such as learning disabilities or dementia, to providing a little bit of extra help around the house.
Our vision is simple, and underpins everything we do as a business: To provide the care you would choose for a loved one
Why should I apply for the role of Support Worker with this company?
· Our training starts with an accredited and nationally-recognised induction course for all our care workers. Regular refresher training courses ensure that their skills are kept up to date, and they are always fully supported by a team of supervisors and managers.
· Free uniform and DBS check
· Support from our office based staff and the on call team until your last visit
· Mileage at 25p per mile between client’s home
· Excellent hourly rates -9.45 Per Hour - Bank holiday rate £10.89
· Paid holiday based on hours worked
· Fully funded care certificate
What does the role of Support Worker involve?
Care Support Workers will receive very confidential information concerning the families they will be visiting. It is vital this information is kept confidential.
- Support service users with all aspects of personal care
- Assist with dressing and undressing
- Assist with mobility and transfers, ensuring all specialised equipment are used correctly
- Assist with feeding and drinking
- Support with administering medication
- Escorts to medical appointments, shopping, and social clubs
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly
- Provide emotional support to the family as part of a caring team.
-Assist with doing Light domestic duties
- Meal preparation
- Be able to provide two contacts details for references (previous employers)
- Permission to work in the UK.
- Be able to prepare basic meals
- Friendly, compassionate, and can-do attitude
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Be able to respect confidentiality at all times
- Must be willing to work evenings and every other weekends
- Good standard of physical fitness and health
- Be flexible to cover holidays and sickness, sometimes at short notice.
- Communicate using the English language both verbally and in writing, as communication is a key element of this position
- Ability using own initiative
For questions please contact Steven on 07541174713