brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents’ happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training programmes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals – to help those we care for, love every day!
Extraordinary times need Extraordinary people
Have you been affected by the outbreak of coronavirus – we need extraordinary people to support our vulnerable residents within our care homes.
We have various opportunities available on short and long term contracts.
You will consistently deliver optimum levels of person centred care and actively engage with all residents; in turn creating a welcoming and stimulating environment. Contribute fully to the overall care team and work with other departments to ensure continuity of services.
- Assist residents with all aspects of personal care including toileting, cleaning, bathing, dressing and undressing, whilst ensuring optimum levels of independence, dignity and respect of individuals
- Ensure the highest levels of person centred care are delivered to all residents to enhance and promote the clients quality of life
- Promote and deliver the full dining experience for all service users, assisting to serve meals and beverages and encouraging residents requiring additional attention at mealtimes
- Regularly attend to residents with reduced continence control, toileting, cleaning and changing continence pads and removing wet or soiled clothing to ensure that the resident remains comfortable and the risk of skin deterioration is reduced
- Carry out care activities in accordance with the care plan for less mobile and poorly residents; in particular turning and moving residents on a regular basis in order to prevent the resident from developing pressure sores
- Assist residents with restricted mobility to move to communal areas or to return to their bedrooms as requested, using the correct moving and handling procedures as per company policy
- Ensure bedroom areas are kept clean, tidy and pleasant for the residents by undertaking tasks such as making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes
- Responsible for the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including commodes and wheelchairs.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value with their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion. Your talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
If you possess these skills and the drive to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you. In return brighterkind provide a variety of competitive benefits including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, child care vouchers and an employee discount scheme.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
- A team player - brighterkind is a low ‘ego’ organisation;
- Strong communicator and influencer;
- Energetic and hard-working;
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do
- A sense of humour and positive outlook on life – Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
We offer unrivalled employee benefits as our staff are at the heart of our achievements and future vision. Rewarding commitment and long service are important to us and all employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
- Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
- Ongoing personal development plan and career progression
- Team Meal Offering
- Free uniform
- High street discount vouchers
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards and vouchers
All successful applicants will be required to work on a rolling rota basis and therefore required to work a weeked where appropriate.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
As you can imagine we receive very high volumes of applications for some of our roles.
Whilst we are not able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with brighterkind.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please keep checking our website for upcoming opportunities.
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Development
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays