Do you feel a passion to care for others? Are you looking for a flexible career supporting people on a one-to-one basis so they can live independently at home?
You will be guaranteed to earn from £10.75 to £11.00 per hour as a Care Assistant in Colchester with the family-run Helping Hands Home Care. We are currently recruiting for dedicated carers in and around the Colchester area. Previous experience in Gastric Dumping Syndrome, Spastic Paraplegia, Peripheral Neuropathy and Autonomic Dystonia is desirable but not essential.
The set hours available are 7 hour shifts over 7 days a week. The hours are between 08:30 – 15:30 and 15:30 to 22:30.
If you feel a calling to care for others and have the right to work in the UK, we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Available hours - set hours for mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Fantastic rates of pay (the best in the industry) with increases for bank holidays
- Perks of being directly employed: mileage allowance, paid holidays and pension
- Dedicated support from your local manager and our 24/7 carer helpline
- Opportunities close to home, plus many opportunities for career progression
Helping Hands is the only care company recognised in the UK’s Best Places to Work 2018 by independent employee reviews giant Glassdoor.
As a Care Assistant, you’ll have the satisfaction of really helping people in your local community. Enabling people to live as independently as possible in their homes is what we live and breathe!
You may be offering companionship, personal care such as bathing or going to the toilet, or help with medication. You’re likely to be cooking healthy meals, shopping, doing a little housework or helping someone to get out and about.
You must have:
- The right to work in the UK
- A valid driving licence and your own car
- A good level of English – both written and spoken
- A caring nature and desire to make a difference in someone’s life