Care Assistant – Days (Cary Brook)
Location: Castle Cary
Salary:£8.72 - 9.32per hour, plus enhancements
Hours: Various Full and Part Time shifts available
Do you love making people happy? Are you passionate about helping and caring for others. Somerset Care is hiring passionate Care Assistants to join our fantastic team.
Cary Brook is a specialist dementia care home with many years’ experience in providing care to older people living with complex dementia.
Cary Brook and its dedicated team aim to provide a ‘home’ within a home, enabling our residents to live as independently as possible in a comfortable and safe environment.
We can offer Day, Night and Evening positions, working Full or Part time (all include alternate weekends)
- Days start at 7am through to 9.30pm, working shifts between 7am – 2.30pm or 2.30pm-9.30pm. Contracted hours are typically 24–31 hours per week
About the role:
You’ll be joining a dedicated team of health care professionals committed to supporting with personal care, daily living routines and companionship in a way that shows our customers respect and kindness, just as they deserve. No two days are the same but each day you’ll be rewarded by knowing you have made a difference to those who need it most.
Our friendly team work together to ensure every customer in our care gets the support they need in the least intrusive way, putting their comfort, happiness and safety first.
You don’t need experience to do this role we can give you all the training you need right from day one and as soon as you achieve your care certificate we’ll support you further to go on to achieve your Level 2/3 qualifications. What you need most of all is a desire to help, a passion for making a difference and to enjoy making someone’s day that little bit easier.
Being a Carer isn’t a job, it’s naturally who you are. Your instinct to care, offer compassion and show kindness is inherent within you. You will love caring for vulnerable people, enjoy the variety everyday brings and appreciate the priceless impact your assistance has on those you help.
To join us you’ll need:
- A warm hearted, friendly manner, with lots of patience and a natural desire to help
- A ‘can do’ attitude, with plenty of resilience and a communication style that is engaging
- To be a real ‘people person’, able to build lasting relationships and work well in a team
- To be confident with technology to manage customer care records and your work schedules
What you’ll get from us:
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all the things we do that makes us a very special company to work for. We really value our employees, actively support career development and progression and can offer you so much more than a job.
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- Enhanced pay for weekends and nights (plus 60p -£1.00 per hour) and Bank Holidays (Time and a half or Double Time) and Travel expenses
- Access to your earning’s before payday via Wagestream
- Free DBS check and Company Pension
- Annual Holiday which increases with length of service
- Full company induction and training to get you started and confident in the role
- Ongoing training and support thereafter to gain qualifications and opportunities for career progression
- Discounts of up to 20% across hundreds of retailers and online via MyCaringRewards
About Cary Brook
A modern, well-established residential home with a great reputation for excellent care delivered by a qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic team and holds a ‘Good’ CQC rating.
If you are ready to start making a real difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application. Select ‘Apply’ to submit your application now or to find out more please get in touch with us on 01823 448321.
Somerset Care,so much morerewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………