"A GREAT PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO DO GREAT THINGS"
Are you passionate about Classic Cars? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Car Workshop Estimator to join our enthusiastic team, earning circa £25k per annum, plus enhanced benefits and rewards
WELCOME TO OUR PASSION
Here at SL Shop, we live and breathe classic Mercedes-Benz cars. Across 10 years, we have forged a reputation for delivering on our promises, thanks to our considerable expertise in the field, and professional approach to working with clients from all over the world. We love what we do and the customers that we work with.
Due to our success, popularity and determination to provide an outstanding service, we are now looking to recruit a Car Workshop Estimator, with someone that shares our passion and enthusiasm.
Here at the SL Shop we have a long history of servicing and restoring classic Mercedes-Benz models, and have a reputation for excellence across all aspects of the business.
Your role will be to prepare detailed estimates including Labour, Extras, Oils, Consumables and parts from VHC information and emerging work requests. You will need to work closely with and liaise with our FOHT and Workshop Control teams.
We are looking for someone passionate about classic cars, with an eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
You will be comfortable working to a superb standard in a fast paced environment, for a forward thinking and expanding classic car company.
There is no age barrier to this business. Whether you are young and enthusiastic with experience, or have a head full of grey hair earned from decades spent polishing cars of all shapes and sizes, then we would love to hear from you.
Statements of accountability:
- Prepare detailed estimates in a prompt manner from VHC documents;
- Prepare detailed estimates for emerging work- as requested by our Workshop;
- Enter parts information onto estimate in Dragon DMS;
- Enter third party costs onto estimate as required;
- Provide detailed costings for FOHT on general enquiries;
- Order parts and liaise with local suppliers;
- Advise our Workshop on parts delivery, timescale-critical path;
- Follow up parts orders for our Workshop to ensure delivery times are met;
- Liaise with our Workshop on emerging work and progress of vehicle through the Workshop;
- Liaise with accounts on final costings/details and invoice preparation if necessary;
- Report any anomalies/concerns highlighted to Workshop Control;
Knowledge and skills:
- A genuine passion and interest in classic cars is essential;
- You must be technically competent with Vehicle Mechanics and parts identification;
- Proficient in systems such as Mercedes EPC System and Dragon 2000 DMS;
- Able to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing;
- Able to Multi task and operate effectively under pressure;
- Strong team player across multiple departments and functions;
- Previous experience of using Magento software and web site would be advantageous;
- Previous experience of using an in-house labour time code system;
What we offer:
We don't only care about classic cars, we also care about our employees, which is why we offer benefits and rewards that make us stand out from the crowd, just like our vehicles. Below are just some of the benefits we offer:-
- Bonus Scheme of up to 5% based on company performance;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Staff Outings paid for by the Company;
- Car parts discount scheme for employees and immediate family members;
- Free on site parking;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Increased holidays with service;
- Company Workwear provided;
- "Foodie Fridays"
- Half day holiday on your birthday;
- Time off to undertake volunteering work;