Primary Location: chelmsford
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
Job summary and Responsibilities
Type: Temporary to last approximately 3 months potentially longer
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Interviews are likely to take place for this role on 7th or 8th November 2016
Working in a busy contact centre, you will report to a Senior Corporate Operations Manager and will work closely with colleagues to ensure the delivery of a high performing, customer facing service which proactively embraces change. As an Corporate Operations Assistant you will provide high quality advice, information and support to our internal and external customers. You will achieve exceptional customer satisfaction levels and make a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the service.We aim to provide a prompt and efficient response to queries from the general public on subjects such as highways, social care, schools and many other Council services.
As a Corporate Operations Assistant you will work as part of a team performing defined business processes within strict deadlines to provide a quality service.
You will input data to maintain core systems and to ensure accurate and timely processing. You will deliver a high quality service for customers, communicating in a professional manner whilst maintaining customer focus.
- Support your line manager and team colleagues in providing a high quality, consistent, accurate and timely service to our customers.
- Provide advice and information that meets all the current statutory, contractual and legislative obligations of the Council.
- Fully understand the SLA's relevant to your team(s) and support their development on an ongoing basis to ensure they reflect customer needs and a service they value.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity and security of personal, contractual and financial information, in line with legislation and Council policies.
- Proactively recommend, support and embrace changes in the Service and assist in implementing innovative approaches to business process.
- To work as part of a service centre team, answering high volume calls and providing excellent customer service
- To respond to general customers written, oral or email enquiries in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with service standards.
- To provide all customers with a courteous and efficient service that promotes the values of Corporate Operations.
- Proactively promote the Corporate Operations vision and culture.
- Ensure that you undertake your day to day duties in line with the SLA's relevant to your role and that you continually look to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provide support to the implementation of changes and improvements to the service.
- To work flexibly across Corporate Operations and undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably required of you appropriate with your grade to support the business.
- To work to agreed targets, reporting proactively to your line manager where deadlines are at risk and to agree priorities.
- To participate in the performance management review process (My Performance), to take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the line Manager.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a call centre/office environment is essential
- General experience of dealing with queries including, Telephone, Fax, e-mail etc.
- Experience of working in a customer-orientated environment
- Good working knowledge of IT packages e.g. MS excel and word etc
- Performing against set targets
- Ability to work within a team
- Highly motivated approach to work
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Continually seeking to improve
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.