Rail / Civil Engineering
Location – York
“An exciting opportunity for a rail bias CAD Technician to join an established and busy in house design team specialising in civil engineering projects in the rail sector”
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key clients, AmcoGiffen are further expanding our in-house Civil & Structural Design team. We have a number of positions available at various levels for design professionals who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and furthering their professional development.
The in-house design team consists of specialist’s designers responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, rail and engineering project including CP6, asset management frameworks, Infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils schemes.
Projects can typically include bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms etc.), access for all schemes, structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges.
Building on the success of the recently formed in-house Design department, AmcoGiffen are further expanding the team and now have a number of vacancies at various levels within the department. We are seeking a CAD Technician for the In-house Design Team to further support AmcoGiffen in undertaking both Permanent Works Design across several long term Frameworks that we have secured with a number of major Clients. Your day to day role will include:
- Show initiative and put forward solutions / details, and highlight any observed non-compliances with CDM Regulations.
- Work in accordance with the appropriate CAD standard.
- Challenge the brief and propose alternatives, enabling innovative development of unambiguous high quality solutions in an appropriate format.
- Assist with site inspections / surveys as required in order to inform the development of drawings and details.
- Interpret instructions from the Designer regarding the technical production of engineering drawings and schedules to current CoP, standards and best practice.
- Translate standard and proprietary manufacturer’s details onto working drawings.
- Ensure that drawings produced comply with the relevant business quality standards.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with available drawings and specifications of information issued.
- Raise items relevant to the Designer’s Risk Assessment and Decision Log as appropriate.
- Prepare design data for issue e.g. printing drawings, documents and calculations.
- Clearly communicate requirements with other team members, ensuring appropriate documentation is completed.
- Liaise with the AmcoGiffen Project Delivery staff in order to agree or record working details.
- Work to the principles of BIM where this has been determined as the method of project delivery, expanded further below.
- Assist change and assist with the development of more efficient processes and CAD tools to assist the efficient delivery of engineering services.
- Minimum NVQ / C&G level of education.
- Working towards membership of a relevant Professional Body e.g. EngTech.
- CSCS Professionally Qualified Person, or similar.
- Sentinel Personal Track Safety (PTS) competence in both AC and DC.
- Full Driver’s Licence.
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance