Flexibility, family, respect, trust and inspiring. These are not words that a marketing department have come up with to describe working at Pico Technology but real words from employees that work here.
Pico Technology was founded in 1991 in the UK and has since grown to be the market leader for PC based USB Oscilloscopes, data loggers and automotive diagnostic equipment. Over time Pico Technology has grown and now has offices in Germany, Manchester, USA and China.
Based in St Neots
As Pico Technology continues to grow its engineering function, we are looking to enhance our driver development teams. These Agile teams are the bridge between our USB devices and the PicoScope app and primarily use C++. They deliver working, stable solutions on Windows, Linux and Mac to support the next generation of Pico products.
• You will be working in small, autonomous agile teams responsible for the whole lifecycle of business requirements and user stories.
• Work to best practices to build maintainable software, e.g. SOLID, TDD, clean code, appropriate design patterns, etc.
• Working with testers within your team to deliver working, stable software.
• Work to maintain coding standards across the team, participating in code reviews and helping fellow developers through your own feedback
• Work to maintain and improve the CI/CD pipeline to ensure its up to date and fit for purpose
Who are we looking for?
• You will have excellent skills in C++ 11 or later
• You will highly value quality and have great attention to detail
• You will have experience of DVCS such as Hg or Git
• You may also have experience of MSVC, GCC or Clang.
• You may have experience with algorithms, DSP or data processing
• You may have experience with test equipment, diagnostics or real-time visualization of data
• You will have a drive to learn and excited to drive research into areas to expand the skill set of your team and provide the best experience for end users
Development engineers can use alternate Wednesdays to work on inspirational projects as part of a team or individually on what we call "Blue Sky Wednesdays". You will also feel part of a multinational company with regular communication with other offices around the globe using our internal social media network where colleagues share photos, shout-outs and news stories from the company. You may find yourself discussing the recent basketball game with someone from the USA, discussing environmental changes the company can make as part of "Pico Planet" or having cookie baking contests
When not at your desk you may find yourself enjoying a lunch with your team paid for by Pico as every team receives a "fun fund", having a coffee with members of other departments as part of Costa roulette, participating in our annual pool competitions or simply enjoying some down time in our Pico Garden. All of this contributes to the family feel that is paramount to Pico Technology.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, then apply now for immediate consideration.