C++ Software Engineer
£40,000 - £55,000 pa, (Depending on Experience)
Vicon is the world leader in Motion Capture, developing innovative, high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Our systems are used in most Blockbuster films and AAA games as well as in hospitals, virtual reality installations, and research fields ranging from sports science to robotics and drone development.
The C++ Software Engineer Role
We are seeking an excellent, experienced C++ programmer to join our Systems team in Oxford. You would typically be working in a team of 3 or 4 developers and coordinating closely with our computer vision, hardware and QA teams, as well as a variety of high-profile industry partners.
Examples of the type of work involved include:
• Developing our highly parallel real-time processing frameworks.
• Writing libraries to interface with both Vicon and third party hardware.
• Creating high performance, scalable, application software.
• Designing GUIs and data visualisation tools.
• Implementing APIs, protocols and plugins to allow integration with other systems.
We have an informal and friendly company culture and pride ourselves on hiring motivated, top-flight developers who care about quality software practices and enjoy working on cutting edge products with interesting applications.
Requirements for the C++ Software Engineer Role
Candidates should have several years of commercial C++ experience on challenging projects and a strong academic background in Computing, Engineering, Mathematics or Science.
Experience in some of the following would be advantageous:
• C++11/14/17, STL, Boost, Qt, Python, C#.
• Multi-threading, Networking, Optimisation, Graphics, Computer Vision.
• Continuous Integration Frameworks, Animation Tools, Game Engines.
• Salary: £40-55,000 pa, depending on experience
• 25 days annual leave
• Private medical insurance
• 10% pension
• Permanent health insurance
• Life assurance
• Discretionary bonus (up to 10% of base salary)
If you feel you are suitable for our C++ Software Engineer position, please apply now where you will be taken through to our external site to apply directly.
Vicon is an equal opportunities employer.