JOB OVERVIEW: C++ Software Engineers of all levels sought by one of the world's leading AI companies for cyber security. You absolutely MUST hold a relevant 2:1 degree from a "top 150" ranked university.
LOCATION:- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent employment contract
SALARY/PACKAGE: Negotiable depending on experience and competency level (C£30K-50K+) plus bonuses, pension, BUPA, 23 days holiday rising after years service, free parking, training budget
My client is one of the world's leading AI companies for cyber security and an incredible success story. They are the envy of their competition, founded just 7 years ago but are now valued at almost $2bn with almost a thousand staff and many thousands of business clients worldwide! My client's technical hub and headquarters are located in Cambridge, with a US headquarters in San Francisco and offices in 40 countries. Their technology applies cutting-edge machine learning and mathematics to the field of cyber-security. You will join the significant and highly respected R&D teams in Cambridge that create and improve the products behind the company’s rapid growth. My client's talented software engineers work across a wide variety of projects and with a diverse toolset and enjoy ongoing training and continual professional development. My client as a result has a very high staff retention ratio and boasts a very collaborative work culture.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- Working daily with core software modules which are written in C++
- Confident working with numerous different technologies and applications as they can have different needs
- Able to work within a small team, formed for particular tasks with some experienced members
- Able to work on projects alone, on new brand new ideas
- Successfully prioritise how work fits into wider progress, as well as solving immediate challenge
For this role you need to be tenacious, driven and have the following skill set:
• Applications are welcomed from both experienced engineers and recent graduates.
• Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject from a leading University (this is critical and must be proved via certificate)
• C++ Software development experience (at least on level C++11), or a demonstrator of relevant skills for graduates
• Self motivated, strong time management skills, and the ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload
• Linux development environment (desirable)
• Python, SQL, and NoSQL technologies (desirable)
• Cyber security domain knowledge (desirable)
• Networking and TCP/IP domain knowledge (desirable)
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with arguably THE world's leading AI for cyber security technology company who continue to grow extremely rapidly you'll benefit from the following:
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded software development enthusiasts.
- Excellent salary and benefits package including contributory pension, bonuses, family BUPA, transport allowance, 23 days holiday (rising with service)
- Fantastic ongoing training and personal development
- The chance to work on exciting and truly pioneering AI & cyber security projects
- REAL chances for rapid career progression for top performers!
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; software developer, development, engineer, programmer, C++, Linux
Plus EXCELLENT benefits package