By knowing the market inside and out, you'll help to manage the buying vision and challenge us to achieve ever-greater things.
You'll make sure we deliver on our promise to customers by helping to secure exciting products at the best price. In fact, you'll set the bar high in retailing. Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You're a skilled Buyer with a great supplier network with the ability to influence and manage others.
Produce Buying Manager
We are now looking to strengthen our Corporate Buying department by recruiting a Buying Manager to lead and develop our Produce team.
Reporting to one of our Produce Buying Directors, you will manage a team of Buying Assistants to drive, support and provide strategy relating to fresh produce sales and planning. To do this you will need effective leadership and analytical skills as well as a passion for produce.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting, managing, assessing, engaging and motivating suppliers
- Assisting the Produce Director in innovating, managing and coordinating produce lines
- Develop and propose exciting, relevant and evolving lines
- Follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement
- Oversee business forecasts, plans, analysis and recommendations to enable the Produce teams to hit their targets, and to make further decisions based on key drivers
- Identify, assess and monitor additional information/data which could be used in decision making, planning and forecasting specials
- Prepare Produce discussions and presentations, which develop the sales and profitability of the business, taking into account market information, quality and commercial considerations
- Provide assistance to the Produce Director on existing and future projects
- Utilise the knowledge and initiative of employees, following the principles of the Aldi Management System
- Manage a small team of Buying Assistants within the Produce department
- Minimum 2.1 grade degree qualification (or equivalent)
- GCSE grade B (or equivalent) in Maths
- Retail and Corporate office environment experience is essential
- Management experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a pragmatic approach
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Proactive, organised and efficient
- Demonstrates natural leadership skills
- Applies a strategic, diligent and consistent approach