£20,000 - £22,000
We are looking for a passionate Buyer's Assistant to support our purchasing department with the selection and procurement of products. The Buyer's Assistant responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
To be successful as an Buyer's Assistant, you should be confident, highly organized and an excellent communicator. An outstanding Assistant Buyer has an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills.
Buyer's Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Ensuring products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
Buyer's Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
20,000.00 - 22,000.00 per year