Tesla Engineering Limited
Based at Storrington, West Sussex
Job Purpose Summary
To safely and sustainably plan deliveries against the MOP, negotiate and create purchase orders using the Company’s bespoke, in-house MRP system, in and accurate and efficient manner; ensuring compliance with the Company’s procedures and ethical considerations.
- To action material and sub-contract purchase requirements for the Gradient Division in an efficient and effective manner requiring understanding of the components and knowledge of volumes and call-off in order to negotiate with suppliers and place orders to achieve on time deliveries
- To liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that all suppliers meet company-defined ethical and sustainability objectives
- To ensure that all orders placed are accurate in terms of content
- To place tooling orders to enable the contracts to be built
- To maintain stock minimum and maximum levels
- To work closely with engineering and design to offer cost reduction ideas
- To track orders to make sure materials are delivered on time but to also alert the Materials Controller when orders are delayed and work with stakeholders to achieve best delivery.
- To follow and adhere to all existing systems and procedures
- To generate progress list and follow up with suppliers to achieve on-time delivery
- To generate forecasts for our key suppliers
- To achieve cost reduction targets
- From time to time suppliers visits may be required
- To project and maintain a positive and professional image at all times both internally and externally
- To carry out any other reasonable request as required by the Company
There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities. The Company reserves the right to vary your tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business. However, you will not be assigned to duties or required to perform services which you cannot reasonably perform. There will also be times when you may be asked to transfer, either temporarily or permanently, to an alternative job within the Company. Where this is agreed with you, either on a temporary or a permanent basis, it will be confirmed to you in writing.