American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travellers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveller care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. To find out more, visit https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/careers/
We have an exciting opportunity for various high performing Business Travel Consultants to join our UK team. These positions are primarily responsible for making all General Travel Reservations for our valued customers.
Job role to include, but not limited to, the following:
- To act as primary contact for customers by handling all incoming service requests for UK Travelers via the telephone
- To complete reservations at the point of sale where possible, accurately and efficiently
- To provide excellent customer service and exceed expectations at all times
- To support other areas of the team as/when required
- Ensure the compliance to client and company policy as well as adhere to strict deadlines/service levels
- Providing a global service to the client by liaising with colleagues in other GBT offices when required
Key skills required:
- Ability to deliver excellent Customer Service through professional communication to a client base with very high expectations
- Must have strong Galileo Skills (All traffic types will be booked including air, rail, car hire, hotels...)
- Be an articulate communicator, both verbal and written
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver
- Be able to work independently and multi-task
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to develop great relationships with bookers/travellers and Suppliers
- Have the flexibility to work varying shifts between 0800 and 1800 Mon-Fri
LocationGBR > Manchester > 55 King Street
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement