Mandara is an independent trading company with a track record of generating significant returns. We are leaders and innovators in the financial commodity markets thriving by connecting proprietary data and technology with rigorous trading execution.
Founded in 2009, Mandara trades worldwide markets across global time-zones, through teams in London, Jersey City and Singapore.
Over the years we have grown organically. To embody our Strategy 2024 and after exceptional revenue growth in 2019, we want to welcome a proven independent trader with diversified strategies to our team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a passion for helping individuals improve their performance, be a focused self-improver who is both driven and innovative, and have the gravitas to encourage others to excel.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to make a strong contribution to the next phase of growth of a leading commodities trading firm. The role offers a healthy challenge and continued development for those already on a successful career path.
You will be expected to live by our values, operating at the highest level in a transparent and meritocratic environment. In your unrelenting pursuit for excellence, integrity must be at the forefront of everything you do.
- Working with and supporting the Head of Trading, the successful candidate will engage in all aspects of the trading performance management lifecycle
- Run performance workshops and project manage the resulting activities and agreed experiments to ensure they are prioritised, delivered and results recorded
- Attend and contribute to all individual development meetings for traders and actively ensure that they are progressing against their goals, while identifying and helping to remove any blockers
- Take ownership of the evolution and embedding of the Performance Dashboards (which monitor and record all performance progress made each month), identify gaps and work with stakeholders to find solutions
- Composing and driving the company P&L report
- Strategy Development – working with Heads of Desk, to understand existing strategies and facilitate potential improvements
- Cross Department Co-operation - act as a Trading stakeholder on all change initiatives and build strong relationships with Technology and Back Office functions
- Ability to identify business improvement and propose changes according to operational needs
- Introduce creativity and intellectually whilst stimulating working practices
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a trading environment in the last 5 years
- Understanding of the commodities trading or trading lifecycle and previous experience working within a trading environment
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects and activity through to completion
- Proven Business Management skills and ability to challenge status quo
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to use initiative and creative thinking to deliver results
- Organised, solutions oriented and disciplined, with a methodical approach to tasks at hand
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MANDARA
- A performance-focused and nurturing culture characterised by transparency, meritocracy and collaboration that produces outsized and sustainable results
- Continuous Performance Development Reviews with feedback to improve financial outcomes for you and Mandara
- A high-trust and high-autonomy environment
- Attractive total compensation package including significant bonus opportunity and benefits
- Contributory pension scheme (5% from employee, 3% from company)
- Vitality private healthcare
- Nuffield Health gym membership
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Training budget, career development programs & access to learning
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Fresh fruit, breakfasts, team lunches, weekly drinks
- Social events
- Tradable leave
- Remote working opportunities
- An in-formal office environment and adjustable desks (standing or sitting position)
- Recruitment referral bonus
Mandara is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.