POSITION: Business Operation Support Manager
SALARY: £24,000 - £32,000 pa dependant on experience
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Free Parking
HOURS: Full Time 40 hours per week – Permanent
Flexibility is required to ensure the objectives of the role are met
LOCATION: Southall, Middlesex UB1 2AR
Our client is an award winning charity working with disadvantaged people to improve their lives. The charity does this by using sport, and runs a sports complex based in Southall, Middlesex.
Due to continued success the organisation is seeking to recruit a Business Operation Support Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this new role will be responsible for providing high quality central functions using business partnering approach. The post will support the organisation to create and deliver its new Strategic Plan 2020-25.
This role is based at a leisure centre and the hours can be seen as unsociable sometimes. The centre is open Monday to Sunday 9am-9pm. Some days you may be required to work until 10pm and also to work weekends.
Shift times are Monday – Friday 4pm-10pm, Saturday – Sunday can be any hours depending on the sporting season.
JOB ROLE (not limited to):
· The Business Support Manager will support the CEO with new service development; provide general Facility management and central organisation administration including IT, HR, governance, marketing & communications, and fundraising.
· Creating opportunities and initiatives to generate income agreed with the CEO and Strategic Team.
· Managing existing and Setting up new systems and processes, and maintaining accurate central registers and records (manually and electronically).
· Day to day management of the organisation’s sport complex with agreed achievable targets.
· Managing own workload and utilising the internal expertise of colleagues and where authorised by the CEO, the expertise of external professionals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
· Good commercial and business acumen
· Experience of organisational digital software or ability to learn
· Excellent IT skills, experienced in the application and use of various software packages
· Ability to develop relationships, which generate a positive image
· At least 3 years’ experience of general office and facility management and organisation and project administration
· Working knowledge of health & safety, building services, statutory and regulatory compliance
· Working knowledge of GDPR compliance and organisations policy development
· Understanding of Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding issues within the charity sector
· Experienced in preparing and reporting statistical information on projects and targets
· Accurate, methodical and efficient in managing own time and varied tasks
· Ability to undertake project work and research, including coordinating special/major business events
· Ability to manage, train staff and build a management structure and systems for accountability
· Ability to work unsociable hours (evening and weekends)
· A working knowledge of grant funding applications from statutory bodies or trusts
· An understanding of the needs local people and BAME communities
· Able to undertake training that is necessary for the development of this post
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Business Operation Support Manager, Operations, Business Operations, Business Management, Charity, Charitable, Charity Manager, Centre Manager, Group Manager, Charity Operations, HR, PR, Fundraising, Management, Sports, Charity Management, Support Manager