Location: London, UK
Job Title : Business Operation Manager
Park Corporation is an upscale flower shop chain that provides order-made service for corporate and individual customers in Japan and Europe. Our business also covers the overall activities of; the development and management of the flower chains, flower arrangement school, as well as the running of café, planning of interior design and construction with incorporating flower and flora.
We provides clients who have needs not easily filled in a retail setting, projects requiring on-site, special occasions such as weddings, and more, that allow customers to experience in full range of customisation which is unique in the industry. ( http://foreign.aoyamaflowermarket.com/foreign/corporate/pc/ )
We opened our UK entity (which will be wholly owned subsidiary) and first operation (concession) at Selfridges in central London in 2018. With this growth and expansion of our business, we will be expanding their UK operation (including flower shop, Café, B2B business) rapidly. That’s why we are currently looking for an experienced business operation manager to play a pivotal role in the running and expanding of our existing and new business in the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties;
The ideal candidate will bring to the table a proven operational experience in the similar industry and formulate an ambitious strategy in leading the business to further expansion, with a solid understanding of flower preparation, stock control as well as Staff management. Reporting to the General Manager, he/she will have direct responsibility for managing all aspects of day to day running of a branch. Other duties include:
- Coordinate the services and resources to enable efficient running of Shops and B2B Business including preparation, customer service quality and sales performance.
- Assign and delegate tasks and duties to the team, make changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload and monitor the level of service to meet the level expected by the company.
- Facilitate successful internal processes and systems to recruit, train, manage and motivate team colleagues. Recommend and implement procedural and policy changes if necessary to the benefit of the company.
- Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events.
- Maintain a high standard of quality control in all aspects of branch operation, especially flower quality and hygiene.
- Support general manager and liaises with other senior staff in relation to business strategy by analysing sales levels and profitability.
- Management for new project and existing shop
Skills and Qualifications;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record/experience working in national/international (Japan or other Asian countries) management level in the similar industry.
- Previous exposure to the similar industry within an employment setting is essential.
- Good communication skills, both speaking and writing, in English is essential as the role will involve administering training to staff and reporting to management as well as dealing with English speaking customers and suppliers on a day to day basis
- Only those who have a valid right to work in the UK will be considered.
Opening date of application: 09/10/2020
Closing date of application: 08/11/2020
Thank you for your interest. Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants matching our requirements.