We are looking for a Business Manager to join our clients newly created Environmental Services Business Unit at a local council in Newark and Sherwood.
Salary: £57,372 rising to £60,623 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 12 Noon Monday 9 December 2019
The District Council in Newark and Sherwood is committed to making the district a cleaner, safer and greener place to live, work and visit. They are seeking a dynamic, innovative and commercially driven individual to lead their newly created Environmental Services Business Unit, in order to further improve the visitor experience and the quality of life of their residents, making the district a truly great place to live, work in and visit!
As Business Manager you will be responsible for a range of vital frontline services including waste, cleansing, recycling, grounds maintenance and award winning parks and green spaces. You will have a thorough understanding of, and commitment to, the expectations of the residents of Newark & Sherwood.
You will work in collaboration with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners, building on traditional ways of delivering services by introducing fresh thinking, new ideas and a focus on solutions across a multi-agency environment.
Leading on the delivery and strategic oversight of all Environmental Services operations you will be accountable for translating corporate objectives into medium/ long term operating plans. You will work to improve the cleanliness and appearance of the local area and protect, promote and enhance the district's natural environment whilst generating more income and improving value for money.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant and substantial experience within a similar role. as well as possessing the following skills and experience:
- IOSH Safety Training qualification
- Extensive experience of leading a diverse range of Environmental Services personnel
- Ability to address operational issues by applying strategic solutions which ensure future proofing and risk mitigation
- A proven track record of successfully managing performance (both employee and service delivery)
- Experience of controlling significant budgets and major contracts
- The ability to make decisions at a strategic level, analysing complex data quickly, identifying risks in options and introducing innovative ways of working with limited resources to address issues and find solutions
- A motivational leader who can get the most from your teams whilst maintaining a calm and professional approach at all times
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presenting at committees and to large, diverse audiences
- A good working knowledge of computer software, systems, databases and networks etc.
About our client:
Our client is dedicated to staff development. To help their staff deliver, they provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
They are committed to investing in staff who are regarded as their most valuable asset. They are classed as a 'Mindful Employer' and support 'Age Positive' job applications. As well as being a 'Disability Confident' employer and proud to have received Silver Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave increasing with service
- Discounted leisure membership
- Your development is supported by the organisation, training needs will be discussed and supported.
- Wellbeing at Work scheme for employees
This post is 'politically restricted' as defined in Section 2(1g) of the 1989 Local Government and Housing Act
Other roles you may also have experience of could include: Environmental Officer, Environment Manager, Business Manager, Environmental Services Manager, Environmental Projects Manager, Waste, Environmental Care & Cleansing Manager, Manager etc.