Business Intelligence Center
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results.
The Business Intelligence Center supports AlixPartners’ global business development efforts. The team delivers intelligent research, identifies new potential business opportunities, supports pitches, analyses market trends and tracks competitor activity.
We are looking to grow our team with an Associate Researcher. You will work closely with senior practice leaders, providing strategic support on business development and partnering with the Turnaround and Restructuring (TRS) team. The Associate role is a full time, permanent position, located in London and reports to a Business Intelligence Director.
Your research role will be focused on general research and deriving insights from your findings, identifying distressed business opportunities, market analysis and supporting our consulting teams in the development of potential opportunities through to pitch stages. Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Perform independent, creative research and market analysis, use internal and external sources to process pitch-critical company information and elaborate findings for the TRS team
- Identify new business opportunities using a broad range of research too; create a method to track progress and for sharing updates
- Oversee continued development of research & analysis to support business development
- Provide pitch support to the Turnaround and Restructuring Team; support them in creating client-ready presentations and the full suite of pitch material
- Analyse competitor and market intelligence within the distressed and restructuring sector; derive insights and produce regular reports on findings
- Conduct research and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, situation and performance analysis and research
- Undergraduate degree, preference for a financial concentration.
- Financial analysis capabilities e.g. should be able to review a profit & loss statement, balance sheets etc., and produce insights for the TRS team
- Sound judgment, common sense, problem-solving ability.
- Ability to find creative and practical solutions; desire to innovate and improve existing processes as well as develop new ways of working
- Flexible and versatile
- Assure the quality and timely completion and delivery of projects including prioritizing projects during peak activity times.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- High interest in working on innovative and dynamic international environment
- Proficient in MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), protected veteran status or status as a disabled individual. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.