Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Business Development Program
The Financial Advisor Trainee engages in:
•Developing a book of business in order to meet and exceed the required performance hurdles
•Effectively sourcing prospective clients, capitalizing on referrals, assessing customer needs, referring customers to the appropriate service provider, and executing highly customized solutions to meet the customer needs
•Recommending investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their objectives, resources, time horizon, risk profile and preferences
•Balancing investment growth, referral activities, customer follow up, prospect building, administrative compliance and personal growth and development according to both a day-to-day and longer-term plan
•Planning and managing resources (time, people, budget) to run a productive practice
•Seeking the expertise of specialists, where appropriate, to identify planning and investment strategies for a client
•Establishing and maintaining relationship with the management team and informing management of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval as per compliance guidelines and policies
•Completing mandated training, assessments, performance goals and continuing education requirements
The Financial Advisor Trainee receives:
•The strength and name recognition of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America.
•A base salary through the full three plus years in the Financial Advisor Development Program. This roll will become a fully commissioned position after completion of the program.
•World class training throughout their career with Merrill Lynch
•State of the art software programs to assist in your success
•Access to a full array of investment and banking products for your clients
•Coaches or mentors located within your office to work with you towards your success
The Financial Advisor Development Program is designed for individuals ready to make a career transition and follow their passion of becoming a Financial Advisor. Successful candidates have at least three years of full time sales experience in ever more challenging environments. The sales experience should include the successful use of outbound sales techniques to exceed sales goals. Financial acumen gained through work experience is ideal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Performance Hurdles: A Financial Advisor Trainee must acquire clients through personalized marketing techniques to meet minimum performance hurdles.
•Registration and Licensing Requirement: A Financial Advisor Trainee is required to obtain necessary licensing and registrations (Series 7 and Series 66 and Insurance).
•Education Requirement: A Financial Advisor Trainee is required to complete the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Investment Planning Course and the Financial Planning course.
•Development Assessment: A Financial Advisor Trainee must successfully complete ongoing Developmental Assessments throughout the training. In preparation for the assessment, the Financial Advisor Trainee studies a variety of topics and may participate in developmental activities in the areas including but not limited to: Merrill Lynch strategy, products & services, wealth management process, desk top technology, marketing consultative sales skills and investment financial planning knowledge.
•Performance Requirements: A Financial Advisor Trainee is expected to meet the performance and development requirements of the Financial Advisor Development Program and transition to a full Financial Advisor at the conclusion of the program.
- Proven ability to engage with and influence others
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) - Proven ability to quickly build trust and credibility
- Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriate solutions/interventions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
- Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
- Goal and results oriented
- Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
- Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
- Strong follow-through skills
- Computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- At minimum a Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Proficiency in using Sales Force / Client Relationship Manager Tool
- Strong understanding of the Financial Advisor role
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40