Teledyne Isco (TDI) is a leading US manufacturer and supplier of Chromatography purification instruments and consumables. The primary markets for these products include chemical and pharmaceutical, discovery and development, labs as well as research groups working in other forms of purification including Bio-molecules & Natural Products. In addition to the purification products we manufacture and supply high pressure precision fluid delivery systems which are used in a number of niche areas including Oil exploration research (core flooding), high pressure chemistry and catalysis and delivery of Supercritical fluids.
We offer the following employee benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- 8 public holidays
- Private healthcare paid by the company (eligible after probationary period)
- Cash plan for healthcare which includes dental and optical care
- Life insurance to 4 x salary
- Company pension with employer contributions matching to a max of 6%
- Option of salary exchange for your pension
- Employee Assistance Program
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the sales of Teledyne Isco products across the centre of the UK market, currently covering the midlands, north and Scotland. The role will involve the promotion, demonstration and sale of Teledyne Isco products, development of accounts & management of consumable supply.
There is a key reporting requirement which includes the generation and updating of prospects/ opportunities (via a company CRM) and the planning of sales activities and promotions. In addition it will be necessary to work closely with the UK service organisation currently supporting our products.
This is a sales role and sales goals and budgets are expected to be managed and achieved.
Responsiblities of this position include the following:
Sales / Supplier relationship
- Direct sales of products in field, identifying new business opportunities
- Day to day selling including demonstrations, visits and presentations as well as supporting communication (Phone/email etc)
- Product training and installation
- Limited product support, mainly focussed on first line response to application and other issues We have a contracted service organisation in the UK that support our instruments and an application lab in the US
- Identify, plan and participate in key exhibitions and conferences
- Actively promote TDI via various social media sources
- Investigate and identify other opportunities to promote the products in the designated area
- Updating and maintaining customer records in CRM
- Submission of weekly expense reports
- Keeping track of demo and loan equipment and making sure it is fit for use
The ideal candidate will posess the following:
- Chemistry or chemical engineering background
- Knowledge of Chromatography, synthesis or chemical processing
- Prior sales experience a plus
Conditions for employment
All potential employees need to supply the company with proof of their eligibility to live and work in the UK and posess a clean UK or other acceptable driving license.
This position will work from a home-based office; however, HR and other administraive and logistical support will be provided through our sister company, Teledyne Limited, based in Scotland. A computer and mobile phone will be provided by the Company, along with any other tools necessary to perform the role.