Tax Manager, Versa, January 2020: versa.TM.0120 approved job specification
Tax Manager – Versa Accountants, London
Our client, a dynamic, small, highly progressive Accountancy firm based in London E2, has a new role for a Tax Manager to run, develop and drive their expanding Tax function into the new decade.
Location: London E2 (office based)
Salary: £45-50k per annum DOE + discretionary performance related bonus + excellent benefits
Working hours: Permanent,full-time
Responsibilities and Duties:
- HMRC enquiry experience and dealing with HMRC on a regular basis.
- SEIS and EIS experience.
- You will be expected to grow and develop the Tax Department.
- Experienced with and have a good working knowledge on how to use IRIS.
- Working with personal and corporate clients on a daily basis to deepen relationships and develop new opportunities.
- Work with all departments autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for clients.
- Advising private clients and corporate clients in connection with their tax affairs.
- Reviewing tax returns.
- Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice.
- Coaching more junior members of the team when recruited, to develop their advisory skills.
- Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team, when recruited.
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of clients.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects.
- Developing new work from existing clients, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use.
- Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments.
- Act as focal point of relevant tax knowledge, pro-actively disseminating that knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the overall tax ability within the Firm and assist with tax training across the firm.
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 5-8 years’ private & corporate tax experience.
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private & corporate client tax planning and advisory services.
- Technically strong - able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private and corporate clients.
- Ability to supervise and develop staff.
- Commercially aware.
- Strong client relationship building and communication skills, able to build rapport and trust.
- Confident and competent user of IRIS.
Recruiter: Mark Curtis Search