Position: Business Development Representative (BDR)
Reports into: Sales Team Lead
Location: Hatton Garden, Central London, UK
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 base plus uncapped on target earnings (typically £5,000 - £10,000)
Pulsar and Vuelio, two companies within the Access Intelligence group, are looking to hire Business Development Representatives into their commercial functions. Each company has a specialised focus and offers a different product suite, but the primary focus of a BDR for either company would be to source new business targets for a Business Development Manager to take into a sales process and ultimately turn into a client for that company.
This is a sales role and therefore we want someone who loves selling, enjoys competition and can push on through hard times - the role is largely phone based, so again enjoying working on the phone is an absolute must have.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is keen to pursue a career in sales as we provide the support and training to help you hit the ground running and offer paths for quick progression - so it’s yours for the taking.
A keen interest in tech, social media, marketing or communications would be beneficial as these are the areas in which we operate.
On a day-to-day basis your time will be structured between lead generation, cold calling as well as training sessions. The objective of these calls will be to book in demos with potential clients and feed these leads to your business development manager.
You will be working under guidance from your Business Development Manager, but you will be responsible for generating your own leads through your own research, and managing the process of scheduling in any demos that have been confirmed. The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within our CRM system, and through follow up of targeted outbound marketing campaigns.
- Conduct basic research on the company and decision-making unit in order to target your approach.
- Carrying out basic level needs analysis on the phone to establish key areas of interest and obtaining an understanding of an organisation’s communications objectives.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the Company’s product portfolio and value proposition and talking about these in context.
- Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
- Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
- Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
- All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Previous experience of working within a sales environment (6-12 months) is desirable.
- Able and willing to do cold calling. Previous cold calling experience is beneficial.
- Ambitious and interested in a long-term career in sales.
- Articulate with an excellent telephone manner.
- Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communicator with a positive attitude.
- Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
- Keen to learn with a great initiative.
- 25 days paid holiday per year
- Pension Contribution
- Quarterly lunch-club eligibility
- Company social events
- Cycle-to-work Schemes
- State of the art office including gym
- Eligibility for Performance-based awards
WHAT TO EXPECT
- First stage screening call (20 minutes)
- Second stage video interview (30 minutes)
- Final stage presentation-based interview (60 minutes)
Who we are: Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of our clients in the PR, marketing and communications industries. We have over 200 staff across the UK, Australia and the USA, servicing the needs of almost 4,000 global brands across numerous industries from Media, FMCG, Tech, Healthcare to PR. Learn more about our group at: www.accessintelligence.com
Our group: Our evolving portfolio includes several companies, including Vuelio, the platform that helps organisations make their stories matter; ResponseSource, a network that connects media and influencers to the resources they need, fast; and Pulsar, an audience insights and social listening platform. The world of communications, politics and influence is constantly changing, which is why we’re a first-mover, constantly investing in our people, products and services to keep our clients ahead.
Why join us: We work in a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment, where people operate with a high degree of autonomy, over four different time zones across Europe and the United States. We value excellence, creative courage, bright ideas, and the ability to have fun.
Uncapped On Target Earnings