Devo seeks a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how Devo could help a business grow, and successfully position the Devo value proposition. This position offers a base salary and commission. Devo employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
• Work closely and collaboratively with marketing on outreach campaigns
• Collect information from companies to help marketing better understand who we should further target
• Information share with marketing on what is working and what is not
• Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
• Schedule qualified meetings for Sales Reps to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Devo
• Conduct qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
• Help large and mid-size companies realize the potential of Devo
• Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
Qualifications & Experience:
• One plus (1+) year, BDR software company experience with a track record of high achievement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
• The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
• The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
• Are naturally curious and passionate
• The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
• A keenly developed competitive nature
• A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
• The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
• Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Devo, ranked #151 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America, unlocks the full value of machine data for the world’s most instrumented enterprises, putting more data to work now. Only the Devo data analytics platform addresses both the explosion in volume of machine data and the new, crushing demands of algorithms and automation, enabling IT operations and security teams to realize the full transformational promise of machine data to move the business forward.
Founded as Logtrust in 2011 in Madrid, Spain, there are now 190+ Devos across our Cambridge, Massachusetts headquarters, our Madrid European headquarters, and in locations in the UK, Brazil, and across the US – all passionate about helping customers gain real-time actionable insight from their data, at petabyte scale. From the largest financial services companies, to global telecoms, to world-wide security organizations, Devo collects trillions of events every day to help customers speed time to action and gain the insight they need to drive their businesses.