- London Area
- Office Located in Sittingbourne, Kent UK
- Full Time Position
Katalyst Data Management (KDM) provides end-to-end subsurface data management solutions for the oil and gas industry. From data capture and verification, to data storage and organization, to marketing data online, our specialized data services cater for small enterprises, through to large multinational and corporate data centers. KDM’s web-based iGlass services and their related controls, including system redundancy are key differentiators in providing and maintaining a high availability, 24/7 access for customers. Innovation and commitment has enabled KDM to provide excellence in both technologies and service qualities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for promoting and selling data management solutions to E&P companies. The BDM is also responsible for account management, opportunity identification, understanding and analyzing the business challenges of the clients, to recommend appropriate Katalyst services, demonstrations/presentations, quotes/pricing and other proposal development activities.
Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding Sub-Surface Data Management and recognizing how Katalyst solutions can meet these requirement
- Demonstrate knowledge of client budgeting and purchase processes.
- Present and articulate the benefits of a KDM solution and provide competitor comparisons in the market.
- Understand deployment process and best practices to lower risk and accelerate time to value.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify and meet with potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization,
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches - work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Lead responses to potential client Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Provide demonstrations of Katalyst technology to perspective customers, specifically iGlass and SeismicZone
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion - use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Oral and Written Communication Proficiency
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Good understanding of Geophysical and Geological data and information
- Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information. Co-operates within the group and across groups with a strong emphasis on teamwork.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a full-time position, the Business Development Manager is eligible to participate in the regional benefits offered to Katalyst employees.
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Business Development Manager is required to travel to attend client meetings, strategic planning and explore opportunities. Travel varies, however, it could include local, regional, national or international as dictated by client and business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma
- 5+ years working in the E&P industry
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of seismic data (acquisition, processing, formats and media types)
- Knowledge of E&P Data Management requirements and expectations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:None are required for this position.