The individual will be responsible for generating, developing and delivering new revenue-generating collaborative development projects, utilizing Leica’s Advanced Staining and Imaging technologies, with key Pharma partners. She/he will provide analysis and evaluation of new high value business opportunities for Companion Diagnostics (CDx) projects and optimize the use of company resources (people, products, services, budgets) to win business. She/he will use their deep expertise and knowledge of CDx to provide solutions to support pharmaceutical programs which lead to long term profitable business.
- Using specialized knowledge of the CDx market and biomarker clinical trial strategy, secure contracts with Pharma & biotech to meet revenue targets through collaboration with the cross functional teams involved in preparing proposals and statements of work for new CDx programs.
- Undertake independent background research on target customers for existing and future product portfolios as well as writing proposals in response to requests from customers.
- Understand and effectively engage in a wide range of internal and external functional areas including Legal, IP, Finance, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Alliance Management in order to develop and maintain effective companion diagnostic partnerships proposals and statements of work.
- Provide alliance management support for existing contracts.
- Analyze market opportunities for innovative CDx solutions to Pharmaceutical Companies and independently apply strategies for new lines of business that will drive revenue growth and shareholder value.
- Understand and apply solutions to timeline and funding barriers where development costs are funded through Pharma partners.
- Has in depth knowledge of and maintains an ongoing familiarity with healthcare market sectors and competing products/technologies.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies in close collaboration with local affiliates.
- Required Skills/Experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the companion diagnostics development process including IVD product development, Design Control, oncology clinical trial strategies, and the current regulatory landscape of companion diagnostics in various global regions.
- Proven track record in Business Development: at least 5 years developing, negotiating and securing high value deals.
- Well-connected in Pharma & biotech at a decision maker level
- A solid foundation in histopathology an advantage
- Experience in Digital Pathology a plus.
- Experience in formulating and successfully commercializing new business opportunities an advantage
- Compelling communications style, both verbal and written, appropriate to each situation, whether one-on-one or group presentations, from senior exec to C-suite level
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong customer service orientation with an ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment
- An ability to manage multiple deals at once with an eye towards cost, business opportunity and strategic value
Education List of Education, Certifications, Training
University degree in natural science or medicine, PhD or MBA is a plus
Travel % of Travel, include approximate overnight stays per week
Travel expectations within this role are high (>50%)
Ideally, this role shall be based at Danvers, MA. It may be remote within the northeastern US
- D&I Statement
- At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.