Requisition ID: 223973
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: 29-30
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending prospective new work within the UK Nuclear Decommissioning market including strategic market development and penetration. Develops strategy and directs preparation of proposals and presentations to win new business opportunities. Coordinates with functional departments in formulating strategy and leads proposal preparation and negotiations with customer to ensure Bechtel business objectives are met. Establishes and maintains customer relationships and strategic teaming partner relationships.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives functional guidance from the Manager, NS&E International and Manager of Business Development.
- Supervision Exercised
- Supervises business development representatives, associates and administrative personnel.
- Maintains continuing contacts with project managers, key technical leads, functional managers and counterparts in other Bechtel regions and industry units.
- Maintains continuing professional contacts with customer and industry personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Directs NS&E International efforts and activities in maintaining and improving relationships with customers and building relations with prospective customers in the UK Environmental market. Is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining personal relationships with appropriate middle and senior management executives in customer organizations and strategic teaming partners, including Sellafield Ltd, NDA, Urenco and other potential customers.
- Keeping informed of customers' present and future plans for growth, projects, and programmatic and technical requirements.
- Demonstrating through the use of personal knowledge, supplemented by other Bechtel personnel, how Bechtel can help meet the customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Liaises with Project Managers for assigned projects/customers in the engagement and follow-through on the customer survey process and results.
- Directs and actively participates in planning the business development/capture strategy for specific prospects.
- Keeps aware of the business development activity and strategy of competitors, including their pricing trends and approaches.
- Follows up on jobs won and lost to determine the reasons why Bechtel was or was not selected.
- Supervises the preparation and coordination of proposals, including developing and managing proposal win plans and guiding market intelligence.
- Develops teaming and pricing strategies and leads proposal and pricing reviews with functional and senior managers.
- Apprises functional management on as needed basis of prospect status; coordinates proposal and prospect staffing needs; and initiates follow through and obtains management approval at appropriate level per legal instructions and corporate policies
- Develops strategy and leads proposal presentations and fee negotiations with customers Directs the preparation and ensures corporate approval of contracts for awarded projects/studies.
- Oversees the conduct of research of current and possible future strategic markets. Recommends new services and new industry markets that the company should actively pursue. Keeps informed of business relationships between Bechtel managers and key executives in customer and prospective customer organizations, and sees that these are utilized in overall business development efforts.
- Responsible for performance review, training and development of direct reports and assigned staff.
- Maintains active presence in the industry with strategic teaming partners and subcontractors including small business/small disadvantaged business subcontractors
- JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven experience of winning business in the UK Environmental or related markets
- Knowledge of and experience of project execution and company operations.
- Thorough knowledge of company capabilities and services to other customers.
- Comprehensive experience in sales and knowledge of current industry technology.
- Verified aptitude to plan and organize resources.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and directives related to proposal and contract formulation.
- Skill in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability in making presentations to customers and management.
- Experience in management, supervision, and personnel administration functions, including selection and training of personnel.
- Knowledge in preparation of win plans, pre-positioning, targeting, pursuit and capture of strategic prospects.
- Ability to sell Bechtel’s value proposition, execution approach and commercial positions to customers through knowledge and authenticity.
- Demonstrated initiative and intensity in pursuit of new work; serves as the internal advocate for a prospect.
- Self-directed, requires limited daily supervision or guidance.
- Proven ability to work effectively in fluid environments.
- Ability to influence internally without direct authority with strong covenant based behavior. Works well with teams and other departments.
- Responsive to internal and external customers with consistent follow-up and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions and “connecting dots” through disparate information
- Is able to champion deals both internally and externally with sufficient commercial and contractual/legal knowledge to explore options and solutions with both. Is articulate and concise in describing the deal and associated risk and benefits.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.