Business Development Manager x2
Salary – Negotiable
Location – North West England
My client is a family run business that offers professional transport and logistics solutions across Ireland, the UK, Europe and the rest of the World. With five independent companies working in unison, they provide everything from full and pallet load distribution, car transportation and storage, bulk transport of powders, liquids and gases, BRC AA grade warehousing and international air and sea freight forwarding. As a result of increased demand for their services they are seeking to recruit two experienced Business Development Managers to exploit new markets.
- Research new sales leads within your designated territory ensuring an ongoing and robust pipeline of new opportunities.
- Liaise with Directors to formulate a sales strategy to fit with the seasonal requirements of the business
- Identify potential new customers and the key decision makers within the organisations.
- Develop quotations and proposals to be presented to potential new customers.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the other Group services to enable effective cross selling of their services and solutions.
- Planning and overseeing the integration of new business into our network in conjunction with our Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Attending exhibitions, trade shows and relevant Industry networking events when required.
- Track and record activity of new accounts, submit weekly sales reports and present at Group sales meetings.
- Reviewing and increasing customer rates on an annual basis or as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- At least 3 years previous experience in a Business Development Management role
- Ability to work on own initiative and build good working relationships
- Professional and methodical approach to work.
- Excellent presentation, communication, IT and administrative Skills.
- Effective planning and attention to detail is a must for this role.
This role will require a person a deep understanding of customer-centric sales. The role is focused on new business. The candidate should be able to work on their own initiative, and their performance will be results driven.
To apply please send your CV, via the appropriate link.
Alternatively please call Gerry May on +44 (0)28 9062 8877 for a confidential discussion.