We are a quality driven and customer focused scrap trading company based in Norfolk, UK. We focus on buying and selling of all scraps, Most importantly we care about our environment and want to sincerely divert landfill. The company currently in its 5th year of operations and is in its expansion phase hence looking for a Permanent Business Development Manager . The successful applicant will be based in our office in Norfolk and will have to travel to meet clients in UK and even international at times.
Please apply by Monday 16th December 2019 with your cv and a Detailed covering letter.
Duties and Responsbilities
- Prospect for potential new clients from the existing clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the global market to secure new yards or clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Meet potential clients for buying and selling of scrap by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Liaises with the directors to determine the prices and strategies for scrap scale.
- Contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets.
- Work with team to develop proposals to up coming client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Attend industry fairs, events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends. Also establish new clients through them.
- Finalising deals and best prices with suppliers for the supply of various recycled commodities.
- Managing the Indian team for sale of aforementioned commodity
- Oversea smooth process of documentation work with regard to the contracting and invoicing for aforementioned commodity.
- Booking & Planning shipments with different suppliers in the EU for exporting Scrap
- Managing shipment schedules and various amendments, ad-hoc requirements of both hauliers and suppliers
- Planning vessel shipments and cargo for customers at end destination
- Managing the customs and weight declaration clearing for the Ports across the EU.
- Managing allocation and proper information for the Bill of Lading for all shipment documents
- Meetings with freight forwarders from time to time to secure best possible rates to keep a track on the pricing.
- Coordinating with finance team for all suppliers accounts for pending payments
- Supervision of correct invoices for supplied to clients for all deals done
- Supervising accounts with freight forwarders for all shipments and other logistic related costs
- Provide monthly sales and expenses report to directors.
Educated to degree level or similar preferably in Management / Marketing / Sales.
Up to 5 years experience in working in similar field.
Experience of working in small and medium sized organisation
Ability to work to strict deadlines