Engineering Business Development Manager
The role entails supporting the development and execution of sales initiatives that combine the services of multiple group businesses and working with all businesses in the geosciences and engineering division to identify and pursue opportunities.
We are seeking candidates with experience of business development in construction, civil and structural engineering, architecture, and/ or mechanical and electrical engineering.
Experience of supporting sales in a multidisciplinary consultancy would also be beneficial, as candidates will need to liaise with and support the sector facing business development directors at group level.
As a result of significant growth over the past year to turnover in excess of £55 million, the Geosciences and Engineering Division are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to grow the Division. Geosciences and Engineering now comprises 14 businesses but is expected to continue to grow rapidly over the next few years.
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
The successful candidate can be based in any one of our multidisciplinary offices, offering flexibility on location.
- Developing sales plans in conjunction with the business Directors, outlining activities during the year.
- Investigating and developing cross selling opportunities already within the business.
- Investigating new markets in the Geosciences and Engineering industry and other suitable sectors.
- Developing a database of qualified leads through a variety of means: referrals, telephone calls, direct mail and networking etc
- Converting prospective clients and then any subsequent client relationships
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales activities
- Assisting with the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of sales achievements
- Strong communication skills to develop effective relationships with business leaders and key decision makers
- Ability to interact and co-operate with all company employees
- Highly organised, with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Tenacious and self motivated.
- Experience of working in a consultancy business preferred
- Experience of working in fast moving environments
- Ability to influence at all levels in the business
- High degree of communication and negotiation skills
- IT literacy, particularly in the Office 365 platform, is essential
Salary and benefits:
- £depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies and ranked first for contaminated land and remediation consultancy (Environmental Analyst, December 2019), and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer