Business Development Manager
Salary £DOE + Excellent Bonus scheme + company car
A Global Chemical Distribution company are looking for a Business Development Manager to cover a defined geography ranging from Newcastle to London. The role will be home based but will involve travelling 3-4 days a week and up to 1-2 days at home.
The interview will take place in one of their depots and will be a 1-2 stage face to face process.
As the successful Business Development Manager you will be required to:
- Develop and grow sales by developing relationships directly with customers, and via the company's sales teams.
- Ensure the range of cleaning chemicals is sold effectively and that profitability is maximised, so that budget sales volume, value and margin are achieved.
- Promote and assist in the sales of the wider company's product range through allocated Depots.
- Engage in technical discussions with customers to gain approval of suppliers products and progress pipeline development to sales conversions
- Provide marketing, technical support and training to effectively launch, promote and sell products.
- Constantly review and assess the portfolio of products, customers and relevant suppliers.
- Produce timely reports on plans, customer visits and results,
- Develop an effective level of co-operation with all company and third party staff
- Provide market intelligence to relevant staff on customers, products, price, stock levels and market trends.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of all company reports, policies and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
- Assess and advice the General Manager on your personal training needs etc
- Comply and promote all statutory and company safety policies and instigate work practices, which results in a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and maximize efficiency of the given, company commercial activities.
- Develop effective communication to customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Build effective relationships.
- Provide technical advice
- Problems solve.
- Prioritise, delegate and monitor.
- Delegate, set targets and monitor results
- Be proactive and self motivated
- Manage own work load
- Have a knowledge of Surfactants/ cleaning chemicals within the Household, Industrial & Institutional sector.
A rare and fantastic opportunity has arisen within this global chemical distribution company for a Business Development Manager to join their team and to continue ensuring existing accounts are thriving and being maximised and bringing in new business.
This role will involve a high volume of travel with 3-4 days on the road and you will be targeted to up to 70 visits a quarter. This role comes with an amazing salary, large bonus scheme, company car and fantastic benefits package including family health insurance, death in service, up to 5% pension and many more.
To apply for the role please or find out more contact Jennifer on 0161 247 8802 or email
Best of luck.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.