Business Development Manager – Aftermarket
Are you a Business Development Manager or Area Sales Manager with a proven record of developing and maintaining accounts within the automotive aftermarket?
If your answer is yes, read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for….
£30k – £35k Basic + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Region: South East / East Anglia
Field Based – Cambridge, Northampton, Stevenage, Chelmsford, Bury St Edmonds, Peterborough, Bedford, Buckingham, Milton Keynes
Belonging to a global trading group, our client is steeped in tradition of supplying the automotive, leisure, marine and industrial sectors with top performing OE branded products, along with an unrivalled, complex and detailed distribution service & technical support. Right now, we are looking to hire a sales professional to focus on their business activities, primarily for the automotive aftermarket sector.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Business Development Manager builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and maintains an extensive knowledge of current market trends to improve the company’s market share.
- New Business Development – identify potential customers and the decision makers within the organisation. Research and build relationships with new customers.
- Handle objections by clarifying agreements, resolving service issues and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Business Retention – present new products & services and enhance existing relationships. Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Planning – attend trade shows and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products. Identify opportunities for sales campaigns, services that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of working in a field sales role, preferably within the automotive aftermarket
- Proven record of developing & implementing business plans, proactively working to make the company the market leader in the sectors identified.
- The ability to work effectively using primarily telesales to generate prospects and orders.
- Effective development, training and proposals skills.
- An effective communicator – oral and written.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Business Development Manager please forward your CV to Jenny Harris, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Jenny directly for a further chat on the job.
Jenny is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Jenny and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3146JH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.