Our client provides managed IT products and services to the Enterprise and SME markets and have been doing so for 20 years or more.
The company predominantly provide Education Technology products and services to the Education sector within Worcestershire and surrounding counties although they also service Local Government and small to medium sized businesses as well.
They have plans to grow the business into new markets and geographies and they see the Business Development Manager role as being at the forefront of their strategy.
About the Business Development Manager job:
The role carries two distinct responsibilities:
- Business Development - to nurture and grow sales revenues from existing and new customers within the Education and Business markets. The role encompasses all aspects of their technical delivery including IT, AV, Data, Telco and Security.
- Digital Marketing - to develop and implement a Digital Marketing strategy across the business which includes website development, SEO with Google Analytics, creation and management of marketing campaigns, events and materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing School relationships with particular attention to:
- Developing new business and revenue streams
- Assisting the School SLTs with the development of an IT strategy linked to the curriculum
- Acting as the single point of contact for all NEW school technical and project related issues
- Providing technical consultation and advice as and when required
- Overseeing School activities in multi-disciplinary installations and reporting to the management team on business risks, issues and progress.
- Account Managing key school/business accounts
- Creating and managing a marketing plan including literature and collateral, to generate new business within Education and Small to Medium Enterprises markets
- Investigate Marketing opportunities via regional networking events
- Develop and implement a Digital Marketing strategy including websites, SEO and Google Analytics.
- Create and manage email/direct marketing campaigns in line with business requirements
- To provide timely Management Reports to include sales, revenue forecasting opportunities and marketing activities to all new and existing customers.
- Line manage a Digital Marketing Apprentice.
To be successful in this role you will be educated to a degree/HNC level in a relevant discipline and must have at least 5 years’ experience within a technical infrastructure environment. You will also have a demonstrable track record of account management and generating new business revenues.
- Pro-active in approach, but consultative
- Good team worker, but also autonomous;
- Ability to engage and interact with technically minded people;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Strong presentation and relationship building skills;
- Good communications skills - written and verbal;
- Confidence in decision-making;
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
- Must have a good technical understanding of IT, Data, Voice and AV systems particularly within educational and SME environment
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc. to intermediate level in order to generate project reports and financial spreadsheets
- Must be fully conversant with Wordpress, SEO and Google Analytics with knowledge of Hubspot CRM and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Holds a clean and full UK driving licence.
What you will get in return:
Salary and Benefits: C£30K plus discretionary bonus payments based on new sales revenue and end of year profits. Contributory Pension Scheme and 25 days annual leave.
How to apply for the Business Development Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Business Development Manager job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Circa £30K + Bonus