BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO VP STUDIOS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA is seeking a Business Development Manager to help us drive success with the most strategic partners and influential gaming companies globally.
You will work in the Business Development organisation and interface with other key internal & external stakeholders to execute and shape strategies as we expand our business with some of the world's biggest games and tech companies. You will play a key role in delivering new business opportunities and establishing deep and lasting partnerships.
- You identify and create new strategic partnership opportunities within the gaming space
- You establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level
- You take full responsibility of implementing a business development strategy
- You have the ability to communicate and work closely with various divisions (including IP owner, Commercial, Marketing, Finance and Legal) and in a multicultural environment to gain support and articulate business terms for key initiatives and deals
- You draft, negotiate and fully execute on deal terms with partner companies in order to meet or exceed objectives
- You help shape and refine company strategy using your insights gained from working on these partnerships
- You effectively communicate ideas, plans and results to executives and key decision makers
- You identify and report on local market and industry trends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in the video games industry and business development
- Solid understanding of the video games industry and game development
- Ability to navigate complex technical environments
- Deep knowledge of the video game ecosystem
- Executive contacts at the key players and ability to network
- Proven ability to structure, execute and develop complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for SEGA, its partners and stakeholders
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
- Proven skills in promoting and maintaining partner satisfaction
- Very good communication, presentation and analytical skills (PowerPoint Ninja)
- Bachelor’s degree