Business Development Executive
£18,000 - £21,000
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Our client, a highly successfully, family run business in Shrewsbury are looking for a Business Development Executive to join them on a permanent basis. This is working for a lovely company, and it is not going to be the typical high pressured or high volume business development type role, it is more focused around researching new businesses to add to the database, and then do an introductory telephone call to discuss current usage and do some basic fact-finding to determine whether they could be a genuine supplier going forward.
- Researching the target industry and sectors providing insights into the climate and identifying possible
- business generation opportunities across the group on a project basis, using all communication mediums, specifically social media, printed press and the internet, to be used by sales and marketing teams to devise plans and focus resource
- Generate and develop meaningful leads with potential businesses and follow the process to conversion into sales or where appropriate pass to sales team. Understanding of product pricing is essential
- Recording researched data within the company CRM system with concise, accurate records showing attention to detail and passing to other team members as appropriate
- Managing company databases outside of the CRM system ensuring accurate records that will be transferable into alternative systems within all Microsoft software
- Provide close interaction and communication with the sales team, giving support to fulfil business needs and new opportunities
- Support the marketing team as required with ideal communication messages from industry research, working on the most appropriate communication channel to deliver the message and auctioning through various communication channels including social media
- Following up enquiries and leads generated in the most appropriate manner ensuring communication links to other team members
- Attend meetings, exhibitions and events as required. This may require overnight stays away and/or weekend work, time for which can be taken off as leave at an agreed later date
To be considered for this exciting position, you must have first class communication skills. It might suit someone who has previous sales or account management experience and possess the ability to manage relationships with customers acting as the company representative. Strong IT skills are essential. This role is working for a really nice and supportive company and the main focus of this role is working with businesses and wholesales to maximise sales opportunities.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.