Business Development & Marketing
Job Description: business development executive – ENERGY & Projects
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years and clear strategy for future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and our commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
Our vision is to be the most progressive global law firm. We instinctively take a fresh perspective on situations, exploring whether there are better ways of delivering practical, commercial solutions to the challenges our clients face in today's rapidly changing business landscape.
Our culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide our behaviour and how we relate with each other and our clients.
Business Development & Marketing (BD&M)
Business Development Executive (BDE)
Senior Business Development Manager
Ashurst's Global BD&M team execute the firm's clients and markets strategy to drive profitable growth with a specific focus on our chosen industries and Priority Clients. We are transforming our approach to BD&M, through improving client experience, driving marketing campaigns, leveraging data analytics and client insights, significantly enhancing operational excellence and building out new BD&M capabilities.
Partners and Client Relationship Partners, to The role requires a bright and inquisitive mind-set with a natural interest in the challenges faced across the Energy & Natural Resources markets.
Client and market leadership
- Support the delivery of the Energy & Projects go-to-market plans. This includes our approach to industry publications/briefings, thought leadership, alignment with industry bodies, prioritisation and organisation of industry conferences, and general events and profile raising initiatives.
- Support the delivery of client account strategies, and contribute to efforts relating to cross-selling, opportunity pipeline development, pursuit management, pricing and negotiation strategy.
- Proactively track industry and client developments and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and working with the Senior Business Development Manager to drive those opportunities to their conclusion.
- Draw on external and internal research, business analysis and competitor intelligence to support client facing meetings (including preparation of draft agendas), pursuits and proposals.
- Ensure panel and pricing agreements are communicated and adhered to internally.
- Work with the events team to organise industry and/or client-specific events to meet operational and strategic objectives.
- Prepare and maintain marketing materials, including online content, client publications, pitch/pursuit material and capability statements.
- Support the delivery of directory/league table submissions, ensuring key industry messaging is included and all deadlines are met.
- Ensure client information is kept up to date on Ashurst systems.
- Assist in the management of BD&M budgets, ensuring spend is aligned to business plans.
- Contribute to central BD&M initiatives, as required.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the Partner team, Priority Client teams and other support services teams.
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant degree.
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organisational, project management and delivery skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop.
- A team player flexible in their approach to work and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Prior exposure to, or work experience in, the Energy industry.
- Prior experience in the professional services sector.
- Experience with CRM software, such as InterAction.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.