Business Development Executive - Liverpool
OTE - uncapped - but expected to be c. £30-35k on top of base salary
KEY THINGS - must have a consultative solutions based sales approach AND need to have the right attitude - a real 'get up and go' approach
We are an exciting organisation - delivering unique cloud based solutions in an ethical, forward thinking context. This role will be joining an existing sales team of 6 people. The position will be working in the field and therefore it is essential that someone is able to drive, and has access to a car. They may well be required to spend a night/two away from home on business, so again, it is important that individuals has the flexibility to do this. Office hours are 9am-5.30pm.
The successful candidate will be developing existing and new accounts. They will need to be confident in building relationships and presenting to clients. There will be development and progression prospects for the successful candidate.
We have found that successful candidates tend to have had experience in solution based sales, rather than product based sales.
Non-negotiable: - solution based sales experience - full clean driving license - confident presenting sales pitches - understands cloud technology
Nice to have:
- potential contact list
- sales experience within an infrastructure or software setting
The role of the BDE will be to understand the capabilities of the company and working as part of a wider team to take products and services to the marketplace and position with clients, driving business growth. The target market for the company is predominantly within the NHS and Healthcare, or organisations that work alongside this sector. The role will be part of the growing team within the company and the graduate will be undertake a personalised development programme during the initial 12 months to understand all aspects of the business and to develop the technical and commercial skills required.
The role requires the BDE to:
- Use Sales skills to prospect profile and engage prospective clients that align with the strategic direction of the company .
- Build up a Sales Pipeline that maintains a minimum pipeline cover ratio of 3:1
- Maintain required management reporting information that will include, but is not limited to the CRM system, Account Development Plans, and accurate forecasting information.
- Meet prospective clients across the UK.
- Learn and understand the end-to-end proposition of our services to be able to articulate to prospective customers.
- Work to achieve individual targets & KPIs, and contribute when required to the wider business targets and goals.
- Involvement with marketing, telemarketing and involvement with focused campaigns to increase the prospective customer list.
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn and to work proactively as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Ability to prospect and engage clients and build relationships that work towards delivering revenues for the company
- Qualification skills to quickly ascertain business to pursue and ‘qualify out’ inappropriate opportunities.
- A basic understanding of IT, Hosting, Telecoms etc and the ability to learn and understand new technology quickly.
- Ability to operate at various levels with prospective clients, including board presentations (not initially).
- Commercial awareness – construct pipeline and opportunity that delivers the correct financial measures for the company
- Ability to write proposals, tender responses, and construct / deliver presentations.
- Collaborative working.
- Ability to manage relationships internally to ensure the virtual team works coherently.
- A driven ‘can do’ attitude, self-motivating, with the flexibility to work outside of the Job Description where required for the benefit of the company and our customers
Solution based sales experience, Tech knowledge, 'Get up and Go' approach
Salary additional info: Excellent Benefits & OTE