Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for developing client relationships to achieve revenue targets within an assigned territory remotely (e.g. by phone or online, may also be in person).
The Business Development Associate will have a proven track record selling technology and information solutions. This role requires a dynamic self-starter who can network and create new relationships across many different functions and levels of seniority within organizations. The post holder will be responsible for opening new accounts to generate new sales in the Small and Medium Enterprises markets through collaboration with solution scientists and the professional services team. The candidate must be a strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users with an ability to clearly articulate an in-depth understanding of our Product, Platform, Solution, and Services capabilities.
- Achieve/exceed territory sales plan by selling into prospective accounts
- Acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of Clarivate’s products and to keep that knowledge up-to-date
- Be constantly learning and improving upon your understanding of the relevant set of Clarivate Analytics products that are sold to the user base
- Ensure you have a strong understanding of competitor products and services and how we can successfully position ourselves against them
- Actively participate in team meetings and events and share your customer, product and sales knowledge
- Own the flow of leads through our lead channels including events, web leads, inbound phone leads, referrals etc. in your territory
- Report back from customer training sessions; recording customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and follow-up as required
- Cold call prospective lists of accounts who have been identified as potential targets; maintain adequate telephone and WebEx meeting volumes as defined by Sales Management.
- Maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes
- Liaise effectively with internal departments (Product Development, Sales Support, and Marketing) to maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new Clarivate services and marketing/sales campaigns
- Organize customer visits efficiently
- Identify potential targets and contact lists for core job roles within prospects
- A self-starter who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating their own ideas on how to find and grow new business
- Excellent sales and prospecting skills
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Appropriate granular knowledge and understanding of the Drug Development business and its key drivers, able to present an appreciation of the competitive landscape of the life sciences sectors
- Commercial acumen; with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process
- Excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal, written, and interpersonal presentation
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers like Heads of Business Development, Research & Development, Translational, Clinical, and Regulatory within small and medium sized organizations
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner
- Well organized and disciplined team player around policy, procedure, and standards.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing, fast-paced, and high-stress environment
- Speaking an additional European language is an advantage
- Degree (BA level) equivalent or higher
- At least 18 months of proven success selling solutions (information, technologies, services) into Life Sciences organizations
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.